Ankita Lokhande`s double dhamaal on telly
Mumbai: Even after four years Ankita Lokhande is going strong as `Pavitra Rishta` lead actress. She has now donned the double role of grandma Archana and granddaughter Ankita in the show which has taken a 20-year leap.
The character of Ankita had to grow up overnight in order to take care of her four siblings and drunken father after her mother left them to marry a rich man.
While Archana continues to wear intricately designed saris, the young Ankita is seen in bright, youthful colours that reflect her age and sense of style in the series produced by Ekta Kapoor.
"I have been very fortunate to have got the opportunity to play the role of Archana who has endeared herself to the viewers over the years. I am grateful to Ekta ma`am and Zee TV for having faith in my ability and casting me in such a strong role at the very start of my career," Ankita said in a statement.
"Yes, it will take me some time to adjust to stepping in and out of the characters of Archana and Ankita within the same day, but I think practice will make that perfect too....It feels surreal to be playing the role of my own namesake. Especially since the character is so close to who I am off screen as well," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Justin Theroux reveals secret to his happy marriage with Jennifer Aniston
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- Chris Hemsworth supports child abuse charity campaign
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'