Ankita Lokhande`s double dhamaal on telly
Mumbai: Even after four years Ankita Lokhande is going strong as `Pavitra Rishta` lead actress. She has now donned the double role of grandma Archana and granddaughter Ankita in the show which has taken a 20-year leap.
The character of Ankita had to grow up overnight in order to take care of her four siblings and drunken father after her mother left them to marry a rich man.
While Archana continues to wear intricately designed saris, the young Ankita is seen in bright, youthful colours that reflect her age and sense of style in the series produced by Ekta Kapoor.
"I have been very fortunate to have got the opportunity to play the role of Archana who has endeared herself to the viewers over the years. I am grateful to Ekta ma`am and Zee TV for having faith in my ability and casting me in such a strong role at the very start of my career," Ankita said in a statement.
"Yes, it will take me some time to adjust to stepping in and out of the characters of Archana and Ankita within the same day, but I think practice will make that perfect too....It feels surreal to be playing the role of my own namesake. Especially since the character is so close to who I am off screen as well," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Nikhil Chinapa replaces Karan Kundra on 'Roadies'
- Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt spread madness on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum' sequel to be titled ‘Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'
- Want Alia Bhatt to sing in reality shows, says Varun Dhawan
- Karan Johar's 'Koffee with Karan 5': All you need to know about season finale