Celebrity diving show `excessive`
Beijing: The flagship daily of China`s Communist party Thursday criticized two TV stations for airing a reality show featuring celebrities exhibiting diving skills, saying the show was "excessive".
"There is a bottom line to entertainment, but many have turned a blind eye for the sake of ratings," a commentary in People`s Daily said.
The commentary did not specify the names of the stations.
The article made a connection between popular talent show programmes featuring singers and the diving show, stating that singing was a more appropriate skill to promote than diving, as it is less difficult.
The commentary also criticized the celebrities who have appeared on the diving show, describing them as being obsessed with being in front of the camera.
"Some celebrities attempt to maintain their popularity by participating in such shows," it said.
"From singing shows to diving shows -- where are China`s talent shows going to go next if people become tired of diving shows?" the article said.
"I advise these stars to jump from buildings to improve their ratings," actor Chau-Sang Wong was quoted by the newspaper as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more