Children with autism close to my heart: Aniruddh Dave
New Delhi: TV actor Aniruddh Dave, who will be seen playing an autistic character in an episode of `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`, says that the subject of the episode really inspired him to take it up.
The actor added that he has spent time with autistic children and this was why the show appealed to him.
"It has a very special and emotional story to tell. Autism and special children with any kind of deformity is an issue that`s very close to my heart," Aniruddh said in a statement.
He further added: "I have personally worked with them during my theatre days and really tried to help them through music therapy or counselling. It had worked too and that`s why this episodic appealed to me."
The character was creatively and emotionally "more challenging" for the actor and it even left him feeling emotional towards the end.
"I could feel everything in my mind, it was differently. Towards the end the nostalgia really got me teary eyed," he said.
Aniruddh, who will be seen in the show Sunday, has earlier been a part of shows like `Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki` and `Mera Naam Karegi Roshan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Nach Baliye 8: Monalisa rehearses with husband Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Suyyash Rai – Kishwer Merchant in ‘Nach Baliye 8’? Here’s the truth
- Sonakshi Sinha to judge dance reality show 'Nach Baliye'?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Navjot Singh Sidhu's fanboy moment with Blind T20 World Cup champs
- Nikhil Chinapa replaces Karan Kundra on 'Roadies'