Children with autism close to my heart: Aniruddh Dave
New Delhi: TV actor Aniruddh Dave, who will be seen playing an autistic character in an episode of `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`, says that the subject of the episode really inspired him to take it up.
The actor added that he has spent time with autistic children and this was why the show appealed to him.
"It has a very special and emotional story to tell. Autism and special children with any kind of deformity is an issue that`s very close to my heart," Aniruddh said in a statement.
He further added: "I have personally worked with them during my theatre days and really tried to help them through music therapy or counselling. It had worked too and that`s why this episodic appealed to me."
The character was creatively and emotionally "more challenging" for the actor and it even left him feeling emotional towards the end.
"I could feel everything in my mind, it was differently. Towards the end the nostalgia really got me teary eyed," he said.
Aniruddh, who will be seen in the show Sunday, has earlier been a part of shows like `Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki` and `Mera Naam Karegi Roshan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did you know how many alcohol bottles Nawazuddin Siddiqui crush in 'Raees' trailer?
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aamir Khan's 'Koffee With Karan' to be a solo affair?