Children with autism close to my heart: Aniruddh Dave
New Delhi: TV actor Aniruddh Dave, who will be seen playing an autistic character in an episode of `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`, says that the subject of the episode really inspired him to take it up.
The actor added that he has spent time with autistic children and this was why the show appealed to him.
"It has a very special and emotional story to tell. Autism and special children with any kind of deformity is an issue that`s very close to my heart," Aniruddh said in a statement.
He further added: "I have personally worked with them during my theatre days and really tried to help them through music therapy or counselling. It had worked too and that`s why this episodic appealed to me."
The character was creatively and emotionally "more challenging" for the actor and it even left him feeling emotional towards the end.
"I could feel everything in my mind, it was differently. Towards the end the nostalgia really got me teary eyed," he said.
Aniruddh, who will be seen in the show Sunday, has earlier been a part of shows like `Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki` and `Mera Naam Karegi Roshan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terence Lewis to financially help TV show contestants
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform