Coming up: New Hindi channel Zindagi June 23
New Delhi: TV network Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) Monday announced that it will launch a new Hindi general entertainment channel Zindagi nationally June 23. The latest offering will focus on catering to viewers with stories with universal emotions.
Zindagi will have fiction shows - mainly those that dwell on romance, love and family drama - produced overseas and targeted at family audiences.
"This channel is a first in its category of GECs. It will offer alternative fiction content suitable for Indian sensibilities and produced by content creators from around the world. We believe that culture and talent should not be bound by any barriers," said Punit Goenka, managing director and CEO, ZEEL.
The channel`s proposition `Jodey Dilon Ko` (binds hearts) is based on the fact that even if people across the globe are culturally different, the stories of their lives are universal.
It aims to showcase real, friendly, vibrant and premium stories of those from across the world that share similar cultural backgrounds, morals and values also intrinsic to India.
"Extensive research conducted across cities in India for Zindagi has revealed that audiences are ready for alternative content, as has already been demonstrated in film viewing, and we aim to bring this fresh alternative to our viewers on television," added Goenka.
The new channel will engage and interact with its audience through diverse shows written by award winning novelists and literary stalwarts. Many of these shows will be adapted from famous novels and books.
Zindagi will be available 24 hours on both Analog and Digital (DTH and digital cable) platforms in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’