Ellen Pompeo talks about Katherine Heigl`s exit from show
New York: Actress Ellen Pompeo says her former `Grey`s Anatomy` co-star Katherine Heigl`s exit from the medical drama was tough.
Heigl, who played Izzie Stevens, made an exit from the show as she wanted to spend more time with her family and focus on her film career, reported Huffington Post.
"When Katie left, it was tough. You could understand why she wanted to go - when you`re offered USD 12 million a movie and you`re only 26," Pompeo said.
"But Katie`s problem is that she should not have renewed her contract. She re-upped, took a big raise and then tried to get off the show. And then her movie career did not take off," the 43-year-old actress added.
Heigl has done films like ‘Knocked Up’, ‘27 Dresses’, ‘The Ugly Truth’, ‘Killers’, ‘Life As We Know It’ and ‘New Year`s Eve’ among others.
`Grey`s Anatomy` is an American television medical drama that also stars "Made of Honor" actor Patrick Dempsey.
The show is currently showing its 10th season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- Wanted to come back on TV with strong role: Mishal Raheja
- Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season two premiere
- Dance shows on TV changed Bollywood's dancing style: Remo D'Souza
- David Faustino teases 'Married... With Children' spin-off