Ellen Pompeo talks about Katherine Heigl`s exit from show
New York: Actress Ellen Pompeo says her former `Grey`s Anatomy` co-star Katherine Heigl`s exit from the medical drama was tough.
Heigl, who played Izzie Stevens, made an exit from the show as she wanted to spend more time with her family and focus on her film career, reported Huffington Post.
"When Katie left, it was tough. You could understand why she wanted to go - when you`re offered USD 12 million a movie and you`re only 26," Pompeo said.
"But Katie`s problem is that she should not have renewed her contract. She re-upped, took a big raise and then tried to get off the show. And then her movie career did not take off," the 43-year-old actress added.
Heigl has done films like ‘Knocked Up’, ‘27 Dresses’, ‘The Ugly Truth’, ‘Killers’, ‘Life As We Know It’ and ‘New Year`s Eve’ among others.
`Grey`s Anatomy` is an American television medical drama that also stars "Made of Honor" actor Patrick Dempsey.
The show is currently showing its 10th season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- THIS is where Shah Rukh Khan feels the 'happiest'
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 726: Pragya slams evil trio Alia, Tanu & Nikhil
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'