Ellen Pompeo talks about Katherine Heigl`s exit from show
New York: Actress Ellen Pompeo says her former `Grey`s Anatomy` co-star Katherine Heigl`s exit from the medical drama was tough.
Heigl, who played Izzie Stevens, made an exit from the show as she wanted to spend more time with her family and focus on her film career, reported Huffington Post.
"When Katie left, it was tough. You could understand why she wanted to go - when you`re offered USD 12 million a movie and you`re only 26," Pompeo said.
"But Katie`s problem is that she should not have renewed her contract. She re-upped, took a big raise and then tried to get off the show. And then her movie career did not take off," the 43-year-old actress added.
Heigl has done films like ‘Knocked Up’, ‘27 Dresses’, ‘The Ugly Truth’, ‘Killers’, ‘Life As We Know It’ and ‘New Year`s Eve’ among others.
`Grey`s Anatomy` is an American television medical drama that also stars "Made of Honor" actor Patrick Dempsey.
The show is currently showing its 10th season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- READ: Why Ranveer Singh is 'befikre' these days!
- See pic: 'Dilwale' Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol clicked by Rohit Shetty!
- Ghulam Ali shows in Maharashtra cancelled after Shiv Sena threat
- Shah Rukh Khan finds Kajol 'Stunning'
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi defends Ghulam Ali concert, calls the opposition "not justified"
- WATCH: Shahid, Alia 'bakwaasing'on 'Jhalak...' stage!
- Lady Gaga's fiance 'cool' with her joining 'American Horror Story'
- Will the Maheshwari family come to know about Ragini’s villainous face?
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- Surveen Chawla not part of 'Bigg Boss Nau'