HBO buys Leonardo DiCaprio executive-produced series
Los Angeles: Leonardo DiCaprio is coming to HBO -- in a behind-the-camera capacity, anyway.
HBO is developing a drama series based on the 2009 Josh Bazell novel ‘Beat the Reaper,’ with DiCaprio executive-producing.
‘Ocean`s Thirteen’ screenwriters Brian Koppleman and David Levien are penning the project, as well as co-executive producing.
Also executive-producing are Jennifer Davisson Killoran, of DiCaprio`s production company Appian Way, and Julie Yorn, of LBI Entertainment, along with new Regency`s Arnon Milchan and New Regency alum Bob Harper and Hutch Parker.
New Regency initially acquired the rights to the book, as a potential starring vehicle for DiCaprio.
The Bazell novel revolves around a medical resident in the Federal Witness Protection Program, who describes his history as a mafia hitman through a series of flashbacks. In the present time, he must save a mob acquaintance from his past in order to prevent him from revealing the resident`s location to the local crime boss.
Deadline first reported the news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bicycle sold for Rs 10 lakh on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Jackie Chan on the sets of ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ – See PICS
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’