HBO buys Leonardo DiCaprio executive-produced series
Los Angeles: Leonardo DiCaprio is coming to HBO -- in a behind-the-camera capacity, anyway.
HBO is developing a drama series based on the 2009 Josh Bazell novel ‘Beat the Reaper,’ with DiCaprio executive-producing.
‘Ocean`s Thirteen’ screenwriters Brian Koppleman and David Levien are penning the project, as well as co-executive producing.
Also executive-producing are Jennifer Davisson Killoran, of DiCaprio`s production company Appian Way, and Julie Yorn, of LBI Entertainment, along with new Regency`s Arnon Milchan and New Regency alum Bob Harper and Hutch Parker.
New Regency initially acquired the rights to the book, as a potential starring vehicle for DiCaprio.
The Bazell novel revolves around a medical resident in the Federal Witness Protection Program, who describes his history as a mafia hitman through a series of flashbacks. In the present time, he must save a mob acquaintance from his past in order to prevent him from revealing the resident`s location to the local crime boss.
Deadline first reported the news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan shares priceless moments with acid attack survivors
- Attention ladies, check out the best tips to dress up this festive season
- Nervous Zoya Akhtar got drunk before first day of 'Luck By Chance' shoot
- Akshay Kumar and family to celebrate Diwali in Maldives?
- Vivek Oberoi's Diwali gift to his father Suresh Oberoi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Priyanka Chopra downs tequila shot on Television, quips about how Indians love spirits
- 'How I Met Your Mother' inspired by 9/11 attacks, revealed creators