I want to be remembered as Buddha: Himanshu Soni
New Delhi: Newcomer Himanshu Soni, who will be seen essaying title role in `Buddha`, says he has given his everything so that viewers remember him as the onscreen Buddha even after the saga goes off air.
Like many others, Himanshu left his hometown Jaipur and went to Mumbai to pursue acting. Nothing happened immediately and it was just six months ago that lady luck smiled on him.
"I went to Mumbai two years ago (in 2011). I had to struggle a lot. It`s true that Mumbai is a city of dreams, but it started working in my favour six months ago when I gave the audition for `Buddha`," Himanshu said.
"I was called for the look test and finally I got selected. It was a dream come true for me. After the show, I want people to remember me as the onscreen Buddha," he added.
To be aired on Zee TV, `Buddha` is being made my industrialist B.K. Modi.
After being shortlisted, the 24-year-old claims that he started doing his homework.
"I started doing meditation, went through books about Buddha, read his preaching. Then, one day I was called for the look test and got selected. It was a dream come true and I feel I have been able to do justice to my character," he said.
With a degree in M.Com from the University of Rajasthan, he wanted to pursue further studies, but couldn`t resist the temptation to wear grease paint and face the camera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Priyanka Chopra downs tequila shot on Television, quips about how Indians love spirits