Jayati Bhatia owes her success to real life mom-in-law
New Delhi: Actress Jayati Bhatia, seen as Mataji in ‘Sasural Simar Ka’, owes her success to her real life mother-in-law and also appreciates Sumitra in ‘Balika Vadhu’ as the best on-screen `saas`.
Sumitra`s role is played by Smita Bansal.
"As characters, Sumitra of `Balika Vadhu` and Mataji of `Sasural Simar Ka` are portraying role of powerful individuals in their respective space. Sumitra has taken care of Anandi as her daughter and supported her in every walk of life," Jayati, who has done television shows like ‘Itihaas’, ‘Kutumb’ and ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’, told reporters.
"It was very difficult for her to let go of Anandi and marry Shiv, but she did all that a mother would do," she added.
Jayati has done several television and theatre shows and is a known face on the small screen. She owes her success to her real life mother-in-law.
"I have been very close to my mother-in-law and she is one of the strongest pillars of my career. It was her love and support that got me through the four years in my theatre school. I feel, I was very fortunate to have her. She is no more with us today," Jayati said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma kicks off third schedule of 'Firangi'
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Rajinikanth's 36th wedding anniversary: Fans throng outside his Chennai residence - See pics
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!
- Meryl Streep blasts Karl Lagerfeld over dress issue: 'He lied'
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- 'Walking Dead' T-shirt called racist, pulled from stores