Jennifer Lopez takes on executive role for Latin TV network
Los Angeles: Pop star Jennifer Lopez has been appointed the chief creative officer of an independent US Latino network.
The 43-year-old `On the Floor` hitmaker became a minority shareholder in the English-language Nuvo TV channel last year and now she has been promoted to take charge of programming and marketing as the company prepares to be re-launched in July, reported Billboard.
"A network that reflects the modern Latino experience, but in English, must have the quality that everybody has," she said.
Lopez will feature on-camera in two upcoming shows for Nuvo TV - a special 90-minute biography and a new behind-the-scenes series, titled Gotta Dance, focusing on the dancers who recently accompanied the superstar on her world tour.
The singer-actress said she would not be opposed to appearing in more programmes.
"I always want to do what`s right for the network as opposed to using it as a vehicle for myself. That`s not the point."
Nuvo TV caters to English-speaking viewers with a Hispanic background.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Inspirational Dhoni my prime motivator: Suresh Raina
- See pics: 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' actors in party mode!
- 'Game of Thrones' enters Guinness World Records 2016
- Watch: A glimpse of Malaika Arora Khan in ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’
- Watch preview: What will happen in 'Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani' tonight?