Kristin Bauer van Straten to reprise Maleficent role in 'Once'
Los Angeles: 'True Blood' actress Kristin Bauer van Straten is returning to fairy tale drama series 'Once Upon a Time' in the role of Maleficent.
The Sleeping Beauty villain was last seen alive in the ABC drama's first season, reported Entertainment Weekly.
Emma (Jennifer Morrison) was thought to have slain Maleficent in dragon form during season one's finale, but the character is set to return for a large story arc.
A ghostly form of Maleficent was also briefly seen in season two and later appeared in spin-off 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland'.
Characters from Disney's 'Frozen' will form part of the upcoming season, with Elsa (Georgina Haig), Anna (Elizabeth Lail), Kristoff (Scott Michael Foster) and Prince Hans (Tyler Jacob Moore).
Elizabeth Mitchell was recently added to the cast in a villainous role related to 'Frozen', but the exact details are being kept under wraps.
Bauer van Straten has just wrapped up HBO's 'True Blood', in which she played vampire Pamela Swynford De Beaufort.
'Once Upon a Time' will return to ABC on September 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hugh Jackman treated for skin cancer on nose again
- My personal life does not affect my work: Pulkit Samrat
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- Parineeti Chopra to star in YRF's next 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone very much in love – These videos are proofs