Playing Sherlock was the toughest: Benedict Cumberbatch
London: Actor Benedict Cumberbatch says playing genius detective Sherlock Holmes in TV series `Sherlock` made his brain hurt.
Cumberbatch, 35, said delivering the sleuth`s dazzling, lightning-fast speeches of deduction was more exhausting than any other role he has taken on, Daily Sun reported.
"Every deduction is hard. It`s always a painful process. There are all the details. It`s like a stream of consciousness of incredibly condensed information.
"He just goes at 100 miles an hour and it`s a huge speed to rush it out. It`s just hard, it`s hard graft ? there`s no other word for it," he said.
He also praised his co-star Martin Freeman, who plays Holmes` sidekick Watson.
"I`m not saying Martin has an easy job because what he does is with scalpel precision and he works incredibly hard.
"But he has a photographic memory, he looks at the lines in the morning and it`s learned, that`s it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!
- Geeta Basra, hubby Harbhajan Singh out on 'travel day' with daughter
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aamir Khan's 'Koffee With Karan' to be a solo affair?