Playing Sherlock was the toughest: Benedict Cumberbatch
London: Actor Benedict Cumberbatch says playing genius detective Sherlock Holmes in TV series `Sherlock` made his brain hurt.
Cumberbatch, 35, said delivering the sleuth`s dazzling, lightning-fast speeches of deduction was more exhausting than any other role he has taken on, Daily Sun reported.
"Every deduction is hard. It`s always a painful process. There are all the details. It`s like a stream of consciousness of incredibly condensed information.
"He just goes at 100 miles an hour and it`s a huge speed to rush it out. It`s just hard, it`s hard graft ? there`s no other word for it," he said.
He also praised his co-star Martin Freeman, who plays Holmes` sidekick Watson.
"I`m not saying Martin has an easy job because what he does is with scalpel precision and he works incredibly hard.
"But he has a photographic memory, he looks at the lines in the morning and it`s learned, that`s it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan in a film? Here's what the diva has to say!
- Bipasha Basu speaks about husband Karan Singh Grover’s previous marriages - Click here to read
- Ajay Devgn in trouble? Complaint against actor over 'Shivaay' poster
- This Bollywood dancer-actor from US just bought her new pad in Mumbai
- Photo Alert! AbRam Khan was the cutest guest ever at Karan Johar's birthday bash—Here's proof
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?