Playing Sherlock was the toughest: Benedict Cumberbatch
London: Actor Benedict Cumberbatch says playing genius detective Sherlock Holmes in TV series `Sherlock` made his brain hurt.
Cumberbatch, 35, said delivering the sleuth`s dazzling, lightning-fast speeches of deduction was more exhausting than any other role he has taken on, Daily Sun reported.
"Every deduction is hard. It`s always a painful process. There are all the details. It`s like a stream of consciousness of incredibly condensed information.
"He just goes at 100 miles an hour and it`s a huge speed to rush it out. It`s just hard, it`s hard graft ? there`s no other word for it," he said.
He also praised his co-star Martin Freeman, who plays Holmes` sidekick Watson.
"I`m not saying Martin has an easy job because what he does is with scalpel precision and he works incredibly hard.
"But he has a photographic memory, he looks at the lines in the morning and it`s learned, that`s it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform
- New season of 'Shaktimaan' will show origin of superhero!