Ram and Sakshi indulge in first ever smooch on Indian television!
Mumbai: Known for churning out conservative, holier-than-thou Indian families on Indian television, Ekta Kapoor and her team delivered a shocker on Monday night.
Ekta’s show, ‘Bade Achhe Lagte Hai’ showcased the first ever lip lock scene on an Indian series. The lip lock was part of a 17 minutes long love making scene and the family audience was left feeling a bit uncomfortable.
The two lead protagonists in the show, played by Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar, play a married couple who have fallen in love with each other months after their wedding. The 40-something Kapoor and 30-something Tanwar consummate their relationship in the episode.
The channel on which the show is aired, had been promoting the steamy episode for a few days now, and the episode was a highly anticipated one. But what the audience saw, came as a surprise.
Soon after the episode was aired, both Sakshi Tanwar and Ram Kapoor started trending on Twitter with jokes on Ram’s weight being discussed the most.
Very rarely does a TV soap cause so much flutter on the social networking site. And with a lip lock scene been aired for the first time, one has to say that Indian television is now coming of age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reema Lagoo burns her hands in shooting for 'Naamkarann'
- Bigg Boss 10: Will Om Swami be the next India wala to face eviction?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi gets too close to Monalisa; celebrities tell Bhojpuri star to beware
- Shivaay: Ajay Devgn turns 'prankster' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Bigg Boss 10: India wali Priyanka Jagga gets eliminated