Rithvik-Asha win `Nach Baliye 6`
Mumbai: Television actors Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi won the sixth season of celebrity dance reality show `Nach Baliye` Saturday. The couple has been part of the show from the beginning and have been giving spell-binding performances.
The winning couple was awarded the official `Nach Baliye` trophy along with Rs.35 lakh, a trip to Australia and a Renault Duster SUV.
While Rithvik jumped with joy, Asha shed tears of happiness.
"We had put in our best in every performance and had a clear goal of winning right from day one. However the competition was very tough and it only pushed us to try harder with every episode. Needless to say, this would have not been possible without my Baliye. The sweat and tears shed was all worth it," said Rithvik.
The winning choreographers Vibhav and Bhavana were awarded Rs.5 lakh.
The show started with 11 couples initially and the other couples who were contesting for the trophy included Debina Bonnerjee-Gurmeet Choudhary, Vinod Thakur-Raksha Thakur, and Ripudaman Handa-Shivangi Verma.
The finale was a grand extravaganza with performances by all the contestants of the season in different groups.
Actress Shilpa Shetty, who co-judges the show along with filmmaker Sajid Khan and choreographer Terence Lewis, performed a fabulous aerial act on "Pani da rang" from the film `Vicky Donor`, `Ram chahe leela` from `Goliyon Ki Rasleela...Ram-Leela` and "Dhating naach" from `Phata Poster Nikhla Hero`.
Terrence put on a saucy act on "Lahu my lag Gaya" while Sajid performed on an amalgam of songs from his movies.
The couples were joined by Dimpy Ganguly and Suhasi Dhami who were present and even performed at the finale.
The finale also saw `Shaadi Ke Side Effects` stars Vidya Balan and Farhan Akhtar shaking a leg on the show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform
- New season of 'Shaktimaan' will show origin of superhero!