Story is the USP of `Yudh`, not me: Amitabh Bachchan
New Delhi: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, all set to make his grand fiction debut on television with `Yudh`, hopes that the unique story of the series will help him connect to a larger audience.
`Yudh` boasts of a plethora of talent in its writing and casting departments, led by Bachchan`s character of a real estate baron.
The 71-year-old star, one of the first from Bollywood to take a plunge into television by hosting popular gaming reality show `Kaun Banega Crorepati`, said he wanted to explore the narrative format for a long time.
"For quite some time I wanted to get an opportunity on television in which I get to work in a serial. I got in touch with Anurag Kashyap last January. Then we together took this forward. For me it has been an amazing experience. And I am thankful to those people who have worked with me and helped make this series," said Bachchan, who unveiled the first poster of `Yudh` in the Capital today.
Bachchan, who has starred in over 180 films in a career spanning more than four decades, says he decided to be a part of the series because he understands the potential of TV.
"Television is a very powerful medium. Commercially the turnover of television is three times more than that of films. It means that more people watch TV than films... There are more than 800 channels. I wanted to contribute to this. It is not about coming down to TV or going up to films. I think it is a healthy interchange of talent," he said.
`Yudh` has been directed by Ribhu Dasgupta with Kashyap on board as creative director and `Madras Cafe` helmer Shoojit Sircar as creative consultant.
"The story is the USP of `Yudh` and not me. I feel the directors, the writers are the main guys involved in this show. If there is no story then I am useless. I am a mere puppet and I did what they asked me to do," Bachchan said.
Yudh` has a stellar ensemble cast with the likes of Sarika, Kay Kay Menon, Nawazuddin Siddique and Tigmanshu Dhulia among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian artist showcases paintings in Egypt
- Biennale foundation to chose curator for 2016 edition
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- TV show 'Maharana Pratap' completes two years
- Anas Rashid injured on 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' set
- Sarabjit Singh's sister Dalbir Kaur visits 'Veera' set
- Darshan Raval to do cameo in 'Badtameez Dil'
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Want to imbibe Anil's dedication, passion for work: Arjun Kapoor
- Veteran actor Dharmendra hospitalised
- Ajay Devgn to light up box office on Diwali 2016, 2017
- Lewis Hamilton smitten with Kendall Jenner
- Bradley Cooper was 'nervous' before first kiss for film
- Cher to endorse Marc Jacobs's new campaign
- Rihanna poses with spunky pink gun
- I don't care about looking perfect: Melissa McCarthy
- Men prefer brains over big breasts and long legs: Study
- Women more forgiving towards attractive men
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West exploring surrogacy?
- Tracy Morgan settles car crash lawsuit with Walmart
- It's okay to have mental illness: Demi Lovato
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in speech
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India