Sushmita Mukherjee in `Madhubala`
New Delhi: Actress Sushmita Mukherjee, fondly remembered as the Kitty of the 1980s show ‘Karamchand’, is set to feature in ‘Madhubala - Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon’ that will go on air on May 28.
Her character, Daima, will be that of a lady, who in the olden days, was a substitute to a doctor or nurse. She makes an entry when she is called to predict the gender of a child of a pregnant woman.
Sushmita, who has featured in several Bollywood films like ‘Dostana’ and ‘King Uncle’, is excited about the cameo.
"I have a small yet a pivotal role in the show that brings in a twist and helps build the story forward," she said in a press statement.
‘Madhubala’ narrates the story of a girl, a nobody, who becomes an overnight star with the help of a superstar. The show delves into the behind-the-scenes ups and downs of people associated with showbiz.
"I loved the narration of `Madhubala` and I am happy that I am associated with it," said Sushmita.
The show features Drashti Dhami and Vivian D`Sena in the lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?