Sushmita Mukherjee in `Madhubala`
New Delhi: Actress Sushmita Mukherjee, fondly remembered as the Kitty of the 1980s show ‘Karamchand’, is set to feature in ‘Madhubala - Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon’ that will go on air on May 28.
Her character, Daima, will be that of a lady, who in the olden days, was a substitute to a doctor or nurse. She makes an entry when she is called to predict the gender of a child of a pregnant woman.
Sushmita, who has featured in several Bollywood films like ‘Dostana’ and ‘King Uncle’, is excited about the cameo.
"I have a small yet a pivotal role in the show that brings in a twist and helps build the story forward," she said in a press statement.
‘Madhubala’ narrates the story of a girl, a nobody, who becomes an overnight star with the help of a superstar. The show delves into the behind-the-scenes ups and downs of people associated with showbiz.
"I loved the narration of `Madhubala` and I am happy that I am associated with it," said Sushmita.
The show features Drashti Dhami and Vivian D`Sena in the lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Balika Vadhu' enters Limca Book of Records
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics