Tom Hardy to star in Steven Knight`s drama `Taboo`
London,: Actor Tom Hardy has signed up for a new drama titled `Taboo`
The eight-episode 19th century drama will see Hardy reunite with Locke`s Steven Knight, while Ridley Scott will executive produce, reported a daily.
`Taboo` will be set in 1813, and is centred around an adventurer who returns to England from Africa along with 14 stolen diamonds, while seeking revenge over the death of his father.
"We`re creating a flagship British drama for this generation," said Hardy, adding that the show is a "hybrid of orthodox and unconventional storytelling, packed with darkness and spirited characters".
`Taboo` will be the third project partnering Hardy and Knight, who have previously worked on the movie `Locke` and the upcoming second series of `Peaky Blinders`.
The series is expected to begin shooting in the UK in January 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover wedding: Have you seen these latest PICTURES?
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- Priyanka Chopra wore this dress for annual correspondents' dinner hosted by Barack Obama at White House – See pic
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?