Was not nervous to work with Amitabh Bachchan: Aahana Kumra
New Delhi: Aahana Kumra, who plays Amitabh Bachchan`s reel-daughter Taruni in `Yudh`, admits that meeting Big B for the first time was "overwhelming" but she did not feel nervous to work with him.
Kumra may be new to the medium of television but she comes with a strong theatre background and credits her training on stage for instilling confidence in her.
"I must admit that it is a bit overwhelming to meet Mr Bachchan. But I did not feel fidgety or nervous because my two mentors Naseeruddin Shah and Makarand Deshpande taught me to never be afraid. I have lot of confidence in myself and my work," Kumra told an agency in an interview.
The actress, however, says it was easy to work with Bachchan from the day one and the megastar took time to discuss how they should approach their roles.
"Anurag (Kashyap) had told him that I would play Taruni but there was no ice-breaker. When the shooting started, my first scene was with Mr Bachchan. I spent whole night working on it. The next day, he sat me down and asked about my understanding of the role. He also came up with a beautiful backstory for my part. He is lovely to work with," she said.
Kumra feels her character in the show is very strong.
"Taruni is a lot like her father. She is stubborn. She identifies a lot with him and she is the only one who can stand up to him. It`s a very strong and intense role."
The Sony TV show, which also stars Sarika, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Kay Kay Menon, Tigmanshu Dhulia among others, is directed by Ribhu Dasgupta while Kashyap is the creative director and Shoojit Sircar, the creative consultant.
Kumra, who has earlier worked in films like `My Blueberry Night` and Deshpande`s `Sona Spa`, hopes good work comes her way after the show, which ends after 20 episodes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film fests good for spotlight: Budding Assamese filmmaker
- Documentary on A R Rahman screened at White House
- 'Baahubali' trailer to be out on June 1
- 'Massu Engira Masilamani' - Regular revenge drama with spooky twist
- 'Piku' finds success in distant Poland
- 'Demonte Colony' performs well at box office
- Shah Rukh Khan catches up on 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'!
- Makers of 'Kashmora' use 360-degree camera rig
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- 'Gabbar Singh 2' goes on floors, Pawan to soon join
- Regional cuisines to dominate in coming year: Chef Sanjay Thomas
- Machine Gun Kelly confirms relationship with Amber Rose
- Khloe Karadashian ready for divorce?
- Charlie Weber marries fiancee
- Perry, Mayer not serious about each other?
- Taylor Swift asks Calvin Harris to move in
- Nick Cannon vents about 'false relationship' on Instagram
- Ricky Martin believes in `connect before marriage
- Taylor Swift goes on dinner date with Calvin Harris
- Katy Perry, John Mayer dating again?
- Nicki Minaj's rapper beau says not ready for marriage yet
- Kris Jenner encourages Kendall to date Lewis Hamilton?
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Baal nahi ball ko dekho: Sachin Tendulkar's tip to tackle Lasith Malinga
- Avoided choosing 'populist course', opted for 'more difficult path': PM Narendra Modi
- Waiting for Jaypee to come back to me on Indian GP's return in 2016: Bernie Ecclestone