When Aiman of ‘Maat’ felt trapped
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aamina Sheikh, who essays the role of a submissive older sister in Zindagi’s ‘Maat’, apparently felt trapped while playing her part for the show.
“I felt trapped inside my body like a container, and I wanted to burst out. I mean, how much of a doormat can one be? I felt like strangulating my character,” said the 32-year-old.
Aiman is constantly seen making sacrifices for her selfish younger sister, Saman in the show.
Aamina, however, admits that while initially she found the role unrealistic, her perception changed after the role went on air. “I got numerous mails from viewers saying, ‘Patahai Aamina, yeh hamare ghar mein bhi hua hai’ (you know Aamina, this has happened in our household as well). That’s when I realized that this was a great way to send a message across to siblings, and I’m happy that now the message is also reaching across the border,” she says.
While she plays the sufferer on the small screen, in real life, Aamina has a loving sister, who is 16 years younger to her. “My sister is like a bachha (kid) to me. She is in the 11th standard and is very loving, “she said.
Aamina, who was in India some time ago for the screening of her film, Josh (2013), at a film festival, aspires to work in Bollywood someday. “I loved Queen, and Highway just blew me away. I have auditioned for Bollywood films, but somehow things haven’t materialized yet. I hope to work with Mani Ratnam, Farhan Akhtar, Imtiaz Ali, Sanjay Leela Bhansali… such a range of visionaries you have,” she adds.
Know more about Aamina:
Aamina Sheikh is a Pakistani American actor and model. She started her acting career with a 2008 telefilm ‘Baarish Mein Deewar’ and played many more significant roles in renowned serials. Post a successful stint of acting in serials, Aamina took a step forward and entered the film fraternity. She made her debut in an award winning movie Reincarnation Melodrama Seedlings (2012) and won two international awards - New York Film Festival Award and SAARC Film Festival Award in Best Actress category.
Aamina garnered international recognition as a spokesperson for the French beauty brand L`Oreal. She has won one Lux Style Awards, one New York Film Festival Award, one SAARC Film Festival Award, one Tarang Housefull Award and one Veet Beauty Award in different categories.
Through her successful acting career, she has established herself as a commercially successful actress of Pakistani cinema.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's 'Padmavati' DELAYED?
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers
- Margot Robbie to host 'Saturday Night Live' season premiere
- Shot or saved? WATCH Priyanka Chopra's thrilling action sequence from 'Quantico 2'