'Katiyabaaz' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government today announced exemption of entertainment tax on National-award-winning documentary 'Katiyabaaz', which is based on the problem of power theft in Kanpur.
"The Chief Minister has made the announcement to make 'Katiyabaaz' entertainment tax free and has directed principal secretary, Power, to ask engineers of power department to watch the movie and draw inspiration to stop illegal connections," an official spokesperson said here today.
'Kanpur ki bijli ka raaz... Katiabaaz' is jointly directed by Deepti Kakkar and Fahad Mustafa.
Told through two protagonists -Loha Singh, a 'katiyabaaz' and Ritu Maheshwari, an IAS officer in Kanpur, the documentary features their battle to outsmart each other while the city of Kanpur reels through its biggest power crisis.
Recently Rani Mukerji-starrer 'Mardaani' was exempted from entertainment tax by the UP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays