Rani Mukerji's 'Mardaani' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow : Uttar Pradesh government today announced exemption of entertainment tax on Rani Mukerji starrer action drama 'Mardaani' as it hightlights the problem of child trafficking in the country.
The state government has decided to exempt the film from entertainment tax as it raises awareness about the trafficking of girls and women, an official statement issued here said.
The movie, starring Rani as a police officer, released on August 22.
It already has a tax free status in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan has something to say to Ajay Devgn and Karan Johar
- Diwali Lakshmi Pujan 2016: Timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Naraka Chaturdashi 2016: Choti Diwali Abhyang Snan timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say