Kaithaparam to perform for patients
Kochi: In a musical treat for the inmates of the government hospital here, popular singer and lyricist Kaithaparam Damodaran Namboodiri will perform to soothe their nerves as part of music therapy.
The programme is being organised tomorrow as part of `Arts and Medicine` project of Kochi Biennale Foundation.
The award winning composer, who is also a playback singer and music director, is himself an exponent of music therapy.
`I have a profound belief in the therapeutic power of music. By listening to the soothing ragas rendered in a mellifluous voice, the oxygen content in the blood increases, easing hypertension and pain`, Kaithaparam, as he is popularly known, said.
He is the managing trustee and chairman of the Swathy Thirunal Kalakendra Music Therapy Foundation, which gives training to students on music therapy.
An iconic figure in the Malayalam film industry, Kaithaparam has adorned various roles, including that of composer, lyricist, singer, scriptwriter and actor. His son, Deepankuran, has composed songs for movies like `Lisammayudde Veedu` and `Camel Safari`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- Hrithik Roshan joins hand with transgender band for a cause
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh