Kaithaparam to perform for patients
Kochi: In a musical treat for the inmates of the government hospital here, popular singer and lyricist Kaithaparam Damodaran Namboodiri will perform to soothe their nerves as part of music therapy.
The programme is being organised tomorrow as part of `Arts and Medicine` project of Kochi Biennale Foundation.
The award winning composer, who is also a playback singer and music director, is himself an exponent of music therapy.
`I have a profound belief in the therapeutic power of music. By listening to the soothing ragas rendered in a mellifluous voice, the oxygen content in the blood increases, easing hypertension and pain`, Kaithaparam, as he is popularly known, said.
He is the managing trustee and chairman of the Swathy Thirunal Kalakendra Music Therapy Foundation, which gives training to students on music therapy.
An iconic figure in the Malayalam film industry, Kaithaparam has adorned various roles, including that of composer, lyricist, singer, scriptwriter and actor. His son, Deepankuran, has composed songs for movies like `Lisammayudde Veedu` and `Camel Safari`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch