Want to make soulful music, not just chartbusters: Mithoon
New Delhi: Musician Mithoon, who has given back-to-back hits in 'Aashiqui 2' and 'Ek Villain', says he wants to focus on creating soulful tracks without bothering about any hype or trend.
The 29-year-old artiste made his music debut in Bollywood with 2006 film 'Bas Ek Pal' and gave hits like 'Anwar', 'Murder 2' and 'Aashiqui 2' last year.
"It's nice that my songs have been hit but I don't hype my success. I don't intend to create history or top the music charts. I don't look at it that way and try to keep things as non-glamorous as I can. I keep it in mind while writing a song to come up with music people can connect with.
"In fact, as a film music director, I only aim at conveying the story through my music. That's the approach I have while making music and not that I have to make the biggest song ever," Mithoon told reporters.
The singer-composer feels the reason for his success is that he avoids getting influenced by music trends, which he feels take away the creativity from work.
"External factors like market requirements, trends don't influence my music. I don't listen to my songs once they are released. I don't listen to songs on TV or radio to keep distractions at bay," he said.
"People generally look at title tracks with a lot of flair but I look at it like any other track. When Mohit Suri came to me for the title track of 'Aashiqui 2' I tried to keep it simple. The song 'Tum hi ho' does not have much except sincere lyrics and a single melody," said the music director, who has worked on the upcoming Bipasha Basu-starrer 'Creature 3D'.
Mithoon revealed that he initially felt clueless about giving music in the horror film.
"My first reaction was what music I will make for a horror film? How can I contribute in a movie like this but then the director told me that I need to give music for the love story between the two characters so I followed it and things became simple," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam