Asha Bhosle performs in Paris, overwhelmed
Mumbai: Veteran singer Asha Bhosle says her latest performance in Paris was welcomed by a warm and cultured audience.
"Thank you Paris for your warm welcome and (for) being such a fantastic cultured audience. Overwhelmed. Carrying memories back with me to India," the 80-year-old posted on her Twitter page Friday.
The versatile songstress took to the stage Thursday at the Chatelet Theatre in Paris.
She wanted to make sure she put her best foot forward for the event and was even rehearsing just three hours before the performance.
Asha, younger sister of singing legend Lata Mangeshkar, has apparently sung over 12,000 songs in 18 languages and has been honoured with the Padma Vibhushan. Some of her popular songs include ‘Maang ke saath tumhara’, ‘Dum maro dum’, ‘Mehbooba mehbooba’, ‘Piya tu ab to aaja’ and ‘Chura liya hai tum ne’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Angelina Jolie's father wants Brangelina to get back together for kids
- Atif Aslam halts concert midway, rescues female from being harassed! - Watch
- Sunny Pawar meets President Barack Obama
- Shahid Kapoor's video on wife Mira Rajput's phone conversation is bang on!
- Sushant Singh Rajput FLIES high for ‘Chandamama Door Ke’ – WATCH, it’s mind-blowing
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'