Bickram Ghosh, Rashid Khan collaborate on new ‘Vande Mataram’
New Delhi: Percussionist Bickram Ghosh, classical vocalists Ustad Rashid Khan and Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty have collaborated on a new version of ‘Vande Mataram’ to be released this Independence Day.
Bickram, known for his work in fusion music, has given his signature mould to the National song penned by Bankimchandra Chatterji.
"I was working on the song for a Bengali programme next year, when it struck me that we could release something for this Independence Day," Bickram told reporters.
"And with great classical singers like Rashid and Ajoy da on board, everything fell into place," he added. The Kolkata-based tabla player said the new edition of the song is characterised by a different melody he has composed.
"This song`s melody is different from the original one composed about a hundred years ago; the sound and the emotive content is different. Though I am known for my work as a percussionist, this version has a very evocative melody," said Bickram.
The track will be released by Sony through a function on tomorrow. "It will be available on a variety of platforms eventually, including internet downloads and a single track CD," said Bickram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dilip Kumar's house: Court asks Pakistan government on takeover
- Watch: Second trailer of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ edgy, action-packed
- Jennifer Aniston stars in funny new emirates commercial
- 'Elegant' Aishwarya Rai launches Longines' Dolce Vita in Delhi
- Will the Maheshwari family come to know about Ragini’s villainous face?