Bob Dylan`s guitar expected to fetch $500k at NYC auction
New York: Bob Dylan`s Fender Stratocaster guitar, which was played during his notorious Newport Folk Festival in 1965, is expected to fetch somewhere between 300,000 dollars and 500,000 dollars in an auction.
The guitar which is going for an auction at Christie`s in New York, was separated from the singer when he left it on a private plane a few months after the Newport show, the New York Post reported.
The plane`s pilot, Vic Quinto, held on to the guitar and passed it onto his daughter Dawn Peterson who held it at her home in Morris County, NJ.
A spokesperson from Christie`s told the publication that the guitar was submitted to the PBS TV show `History Detectives` for verification in 2011 and they took the guitar to verify the serial number.
The spokesperson added that the show people also used amateur photos taken at the festival and matched the wood grain on the fret board, which is like a thumbprint.
The guitar was found along with handwritten and typed lyrics to five Dylan songs in its case, which included `In The Darkness Of Your Room`, `Absolutely Sweet Marie`, `Medicine Sunday`, `Jet Pilot` and `I Wanna Be Your Lover` which are expected to sell for anywhere up to 30,000 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- 'Sahiba' from Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Phillauri' will soothe your soul
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!