Coke Studio returns with musical symphony
New Delhi: After a successful first season, Coke Studio returns to explore India`s rich musical landscape with its second season, which will go on air in July.
The second season of Coke Studio@MTV will see independent, classical, folk, electronic dance music (EDM) and popular artists combine their creative energy in live performances.
"Creating a platform to explore the many faces of music in India has been a truly rewarding experience for everyone involved and our desire is to bring India`s diverse music scene into the daily lives of young people," Aditya Swamy, EVP and business head, MTV India, said in a statement.
"The most exciting part of this season is the making of over 40 original songs which has been a hugely creative and collaborative process," he added.
The show will see musicians and singers like Amit Trivedi, Karsh Kale, Clinton Cerejo, Ehsaan and Loy, Shantanu Moitra, Hitesh Sonik, Noora Sisters, Shilpa Rao, Jalebee Cartel, and Swanand Kirkire performing in the studio.
The list of newcomers includes Nitin Sawhney, Hari and Sukhmani, Papon, Dhruv Sangari, La Pongal, Agam, Saawan Khan Mangniyar, Mame Khan, Piyush Mishra and Shankar Tucker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'