Dance to Navratri tunes
New Delhi: Navratri garba is about a riot of colours, merrymaking and dancing. When `Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam` released in 1999, the song “Dholi taro dhol baaje” became a hit dance number during the nine-day festival. Even after 14 years, the song featuring Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai tops the Navratri songs list to which people still enjoy dancing.
Presenting some popular foot tapping numbers that have become hot favourite of masses during the nine day festival, which started Oct 5:
“Dholi taro dhol baaje”: Energetic, high on beats, the song instantly sets you in motion and it is one of the must song during Navratri celebrations.
"Yaad piya ki aane lagi": Singer Falguni Pathak is often referred to as the "dandiya queen". With popular tracks like "Yaad…" and "Maine payal hai chhankai", her songs are certainly perfect to dance the night away. But her "Yaad piya ki aane lagi" is the most loved songs, especially during the festive season.
“Dholna”: Sung by singer Shubha Mudgal, her powerful voice and the energy of the song sets the festive mood. The track, which featured in Mudgal’s album “Pyar Ke Geet”, was release over a decade back but it still in demand.
“Pari hoon main”: The single made singer Suneeta Rao rise to fame. It is not the usual fast pace dance song, but the folk tune makes it apt to dance with sticks.
“Radha kaise na jale”: Composed by music maestro A.R. Rahman for Aamir Khan-starrer “Lagaan”, it has dandiya beats. Without fail, it is played every year during the festival.
“Shubhaarambh”: The song from “Kai Po Che” features actress Amrita Puri performing garba. The Gujarati beats and Shruti Pathak’s melodious voice surely make others do the same.
“Nagada sang dhol”: The new number from Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone-starrer "Ram-leela" has come out recently, but is already in the playlist of many disc jockeys. Sung by Shreya Ghoshal and Osman Mir, the song takes you back to “Dholi taro dhol baaje” days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MNS effect? Pakistani actor Fawad Khan secretly LEAVES India—Deets inside
- Yoga helps me achieve positive outlook in life: Jacqueline Fernandez
- If banning actors can stop terrorism, government should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- Photo alert! Lisa Haydon announces wedding in the most adorable way possible
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here