Hema Malini`s first music album is all about spirituality
Mumbai: Hema Malini has turned singer with her album ‘Soundarya Lahari’. The versatile actress and classical dancer says that she has always been comfortable with Sanskrit and the famous literary work ‘Soundarya Lahari’.
"I made a serial called `Nupur` in which I danced on one particular shloka of `Soundarya Lahiri.` The show was mostly about dance. From there I started learning to chant the `Soundarya Lahiri` and I noticed that it was coming to me very easily," the 65-year-old said here Wednesday at the launch of the album.
"I have been doing this for many years, nothing new for me. People only know me as an actor and a dancer and there is no need to tell people about it all. But recently I thought about doing this album," she added.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has given an introduction for the album and Hema revealed that Big B promptly agreed to do it.
"We wanted someone to introduce the whole thing to the public and who better than Amit jee. When I asked him if he could do a little introduction, he promptly agreed," Hema said.
"He never said anything, he just said `yes, of course I will do it.` I am really happy, he has beautifully given the introduction," she added.
Singers Shankar Mahadevan and Suresh Wadkar have also sung a few shlokas in the album.
"There are 100 shlokas and I have chanted some of them. Some others by Suresh Wadkar and Shankar Mahadevan. It is around one-and-a-half-hour. It is more for meditation and spiritual knowledge," Hema said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!