Hema Malini`s first music album is all about spirituality
Mumbai: Hema Malini has turned singer with her album ‘Soundarya Lahari’. The versatile actress and classical dancer says that she has always been comfortable with Sanskrit and the famous literary work ‘Soundarya Lahari’.
"I made a serial called `Nupur` in which I danced on one particular shloka of `Soundarya Lahiri.` The show was mostly about dance. From there I started learning to chant the `Soundarya Lahiri` and I noticed that it was coming to me very easily," the 65-year-old said here Wednesday at the launch of the album.
"I have been doing this for many years, nothing new for me. People only know me as an actor and a dancer and there is no need to tell people about it all. But recently I thought about doing this album," she added.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has given an introduction for the album and Hema revealed that Big B promptly agreed to do it.
"We wanted someone to introduce the whole thing to the public and who better than Amit jee. When I asked him if he could do a little introduction, he promptly agreed," Hema said.
"He never said anything, he just said `yes, of course I will do it.` I am really happy, he has beautifully given the introduction," she added.
Singers Shankar Mahadevan and Suresh Wadkar have also sung a few shlokas in the album.
"There are 100 shlokas and I have chanted some of them. Some others by Suresh Wadkar and Shankar Mahadevan. It is around one-and-a-half-hour. It is more for meditation and spiritual knowledge," Hema said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!