I am fine if a guy sings my song to impress my daughter: Honey Singh
New Delhi: Rapper Honey Singh says his songs are not to demean women and claims if a boy sings them to impress his daughter he has no problem with it.
The 23-year-old `Lungi Dance` hitmaker, who is married for more than two years, said that audience like songs on girls so his maximum chartbusters are on the fairer sex.
"I am yet to have a child and if I am blessed with a baby girl and in future if a guy tries to impress my daughter by singing my hits, I have no issues with it.
"It`s a misconception that I compose songs for girls. I have sung a song for Bhagat Singh too but nobody knows about it. I have sung about boys but all of them are super-duper flop," Honey said on the sidelines of Agenda AajTak conclave.
Having started off his career with music direction in Punjab, the controversial rapper later shifted to Bollywood. But Honey says he never intended to sing for the Hindi Film industry.
"I am not interested to sing in Bollywood. I sing for only those actors whom I admire. I sing free of cost for them. I want to take independent music ahead and my songs are completely based on my observations," she said.
The singer is currently gearing up for Tamil debut with `Kolaveri Di` producer Anirudh Ravichander.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani