Manna Dey`s last compositions to come out soon
Kolkata: Manna Dey is no more but his last compositions - dedicated to the memory of his wife Sulochana - will be released soon.
The priceless music tracks composed by the singer, who died Thursday in Bangalore, will be out soon. Dey was 94.
Despite his failing health, he had completed recording the six songs early this year.
Dey had wanted the songs to be his last ode to Sulochana who died after a long battle with cancer in 2012. The two were married in 1953 and time and again Dey described her as the inspiration of his life.
Four of the six songs are compositions of the music genius himself. The remaining two were Rabindra Sangeet.
However, before he could dub the songs in his own voice Dey was taken seriously ill, director of Asha Audio Company, Mahua Lahiri, told IANS.
"Only the dubbing part was left...the tracks were done. Two of the songs were Rabindra Sangeet, while the others were his own creations. We will release the album as soon as we can find a suitable voice for the dubbing.. we have to do justice to his compositions," Lahiri said.
Music arranger Santanu Basu had travelled to Bangalore in April to bring the compositions from Dey. Later, the tracks were recorded at a studio in the city.
The two Rabindra Sangeet items are `Tomra ja bolo tai bolo` and `Ananda tumi swami`. The two Tagore songs were also meant to be a homage to the maestro`s uncle and legendary singer-composer Krishna Chandra Dey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Sidharth Malhotra extends his obsession for pets
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!