Piano ragas in of underprivileged children
New Delhi: Pianist Utsav Lal also known as the `Raga Pianist` is dedicating his upcoming concert to support the cause of Mobile Creches- a 44-year-old NGO, working towards the welfare of children of migrant labourers
The concert is set to be held in Delhi and Gurgaon in September.
Lal, who can make the piano sing out with classical Indian ragas, has been from his early childhood involved with Mobile Creches.
"As a child Utsav used to go door to door during Holi with gulal packets, to raise funds for us. Today he is helping achieve the same objective but on a grand scale. His relation with Mobile Creches, like his prodigious talent, has come of age. We feel very proud to have Utsav as our ambassador," says Anjali Alexander, Chairperson, Mobile Creches.
The organisation provides childcare services for children upto the age of 12 for migrant construction workers and slum dwellers in Delhi and the National Capital Region.
"While their parents work, from 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Saturdays, we give them nutritious food, make sure they get immunised, have time to play and make friends, and get school ready," says Anjali.
Til date Mobile Creches claims to have made a difference in the lives of 7,50,000 children.
After 44 years of experience in the field, the organisation says it has built expertise in the area of early childcare, which it imparts to other NGOs and advocates with the government for long-term policy change.
"On being approached to do a concert that they were organising, I was more than happy to contribute to their cause in my small way with music and believe it is my privilege to dedicate this concert in support of the young children who are sadly less fortunate than others," says Lal.
Pic Courtesy: Utsavlal.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan