Sarod is being rediscovered by audience: Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
Chicago: Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, who is enjoying a successful US tour along with his sons Amaan and Ayaan, feels that their relentless effort has paid off as the audience now is realising the depth of their music.
The trio has been touring the whole month of July and playing at cities like Houston, Seattle and Bloomington.
They also performed at the North Shore Centre for the Performing Arts in Skokie, a Chicago suburb where their music mesmerised the audience.
"I along with my sons, Amaan Ali Khan and Ayaan Ali Khan, we had a very successful tour of America and people are realizing the depth of the music of the sarod and rediscovering its music," Khan told reporters.
"Because of (our) constant traveling of last 20 years, people are appreciating the music of the sarod," Khan added.
"The most memorable concert was in Santa Barbara, CA," Khan said about his tour.
They are scheduled to play at Milwaukee, Wisconsin on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor