Shankar Mahadevan launches first digital music talent hunt
Mumbai: Composer Shankar Mahadevan Friday launched the first mobile and internet-based singing talent hunt – ‘MOBisur’ - which allows participation from any part of the country.
They can connect through their mobile phones or internet and the winners will get an opportunity to record an album with Shankar and prize money of Rs.5,00,000.
T-series is the official music partner for the talent hunt.
"The thought was to give every Indian an opportunity to participate in a unique contest to try and reach the pinnacle of musical genius...This is first of its kind initiative and opens new doors to a diverse mix of talent across India. By using digital media to leverage the talent in the country, MOBisur has set a new benchmark for talent hunts," Shankar said in a statement.
Also present at the launch here was T-Series boss Bhushan Kumar.
"It gives us immense pleasure to be able to bring new talent in to the industry...We are looking forward to releasing an album composed by Shankar Mahadevan for the winner of the hunt," said Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jennifer Lopez, Missy Elliot fuel collaboration rumours
- 'Zaroori tha' will reach wider audience as Bollywood song: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Jason Derulo's 'Want to Want Me' tops UK Singles Chart
- Apple in talks to sign Drake, David Guetta as guest DJs for iTunes radio
- Adam Levine bares booty in Maroon 5's new music video