Singer Mauli Dave to release first single soon
Mumbai: Playback singer Mauli Dave, who recently sang "Aaja meri jaan" for Kangna Ranaut in the film ‘I Love NY’, plans to release her first single very soon. She says the track reflects her real persona.
"I am working on my first single, which I will be releasing soon. It should be out by end of May or June," Mauli said.
The single is "something which I always wanted to do", she said, adding, "It reflects who I am. It is American and has both Hindi and English (lyrics). I have sung, composed and written it."
Mauli was a participant of singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge’ in 2007, through its US auditions.
She says her track for Kangna for ‘I Love NY’ is very special.
"It is special because it is a solo track. It is a side of me that a lot of my fans haven`t got the time to see. It is a deep song and mostly people have seen me singing faster songs," she said.
Mauli feels that her voice suits most contemporary actresses, with Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone topping the list.
"I think my voice would suit Priyanka very well. My voice would suit Deepika also, hopefully. I like to believe that I have a voice which would suit the mainstream actresses. They are all contemporary and my age," said the 25-year-old.
The singer has also been seen in many reality shows and doesn`t deny the fact that they helped her get a foothold in the industry.
"I guess the main thing is that I came through a reality show. `Sa Re Ga Ma Pa` gave me the recognition because people enjoyed me in the show," she said.
Mauli has also been seen in shows like ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi 4’, ‘Kahani Comedy Circus Ki’ and ‘Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki’.
But does she find it tough to balance reality shows and singing together?
"My first love has been my music. I was born into a musical family. My mother is a classical dancer. Through my dance training, I got introduced to acting. I have been brought up to do multiple things. So it is natural for me to do both things together.
"I am glad that I get to do it. It is all in me. I do what comes my way," she said.
Talking about her future plans, Mauli said she is looking to do character roles on TV.
"If something on TV comes, which I can do, then I will. I am keen on character roles. There have been a few which I have been approached for, but nothing has worked out," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15