Singing is easier than acting: Mamta Sharma
Mumbai: Playback singer Mamta Sharma, well known for her super hit item numbers like "Munni badnam hui", "Anaarkali disco chali" and "Fevicol se", says singing is easier than acting and she has her own reasons for that.
"I must tell you, singing compared to acting it`s very easy because you sit in an air-conditioned room and sing any kind of song -- romantic or sad. But when it comes to acting then you might have to shoot that song in the wee hours in extremely cold weather," Sharma told reporters here Sunday at the annual event organized by Whistling Woods International.
"It`s very tough, out of question for me. I would never want to work as an actress but singing is my passion," she added.
Prior to staring her career in Bollywood in 2010, Mamta has lent her voice to Bhojpuri albums from where she was spotted by music composer Lalit Pandit who gave her a break with "Dabangg".
She bagged the Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer (Female) for "Munni badnam hui".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi