Singing is easier than acting: Mamta Sharma
Mumbai: Playback singer Mamta Sharma, well known for her super hit item numbers like "Munni badnam hui", "Anaarkali disco chali" and "Fevicol se", says singing is easier than acting and she has her own reasons for that.
"I must tell you, singing compared to acting it`s very easy because you sit in an air-conditioned room and sing any kind of song -- romantic or sad. But when it comes to acting then you might have to shoot that song in the wee hours in extremely cold weather," Sharma told reporters here Sunday at the annual event organized by Whistling Woods International.
"It`s very tough, out of question for me. I would never want to work as an actress but singing is my passion," she added.
Prior to staring her career in Bollywood in 2010, Mamta has lent her voice to Bhojpuri albums from where she was spotted by music composer Lalit Pandit who gave her a break with "Dabangg".
She bagged the Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer (Female) for "Munni badnam hui".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt heads for a family vacation to Maldives!
- Did you know how many alcohol bottles Nawazuddin Siddiqui crush in 'Raees' trailer?
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch