Sony Music bags `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` rights
New Delhi: Music label Sony Music will launch the album of Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra`s much-awaited movie ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’.
This is Mehra and Sony Music`s second association after ‘Rang De Basanti’.
"Today, while we work with him (Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra) on `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`, we are all geared up to put in the same passion and energy. We are extremely confident of the subject and the music as it`s an integral part of the film," Shridhar Subramaniam, president (India and Middle East), Sony Music Entertainment, said in a statement.
Mehra is equally hopeful of the movie and its music album`s success.
"The songs of the film are what a soul is to a body. We are lucky that Shridhar and his passionate team at Sony Music have joined hands and have become an integral part of the film`s family," Mehra said.
The music, composed by popular trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, will be out this month.
‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, co-produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Mehra, will hit screens July 12. Based on the life of athlete Milkha Singh, the movie has actor Farhan Akhtar playing the lead role, while actress Sonam Kapoor also has a key part in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert