Sunidhi Chauhan comes out with her first Tagore album
Kolkata: Making her debut in the domain of Rabindra Sangeet, popular singer Sunidhi Chauhan has described her album `Tagore & We - 2` as a conceptual album where Rabindranath Tagore has been interpreted globally.
"I was initially apprehensive when first approached. But at this juncture all I can say is that lending my voice to Rabindra Sangeet has been a gratifying experience for me," the singer told reporters here.
"The melody of Rabindra Sangeet is simply unmatched. Hope I will be accepted by Tagore lovers. I have sung four numbers," she said.
Asked what she considers as the USP of the tracks, Sunidhi said, "My songs also consist of a couple of Bandish. Just mouthing his lines becomes a divine experience if you put it that way. It was a different journey from the film tracks I sing usually."
"This is a conceptual album where the music of Rabindranath Tagore has been interpreted globally," she said.
The songs include, `Ektuku Chhoya Laage`, `Sei Bhalo Sei Bhalo`, `Tomaye Gaan Sonabo`, `Megh Bolechhe Jabo Jabo`, `Mone Ki Dwidha`.
"Her diction was immaculate and her range, supreme. It was a wonderful experience for me to hear her during the recording session. The arrangement has also been done interestingly with the right mix of modern day sound," musicians Sourendro and Soumyajit, who arranged the recordings and sang five other duet numbers, said.
The album, second after Tagore & We with Rabindra Sangeet exponent Sraboni Sen has been brought out by Asha Audio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'