World celebrates World Music Day
New Delhi: Life would be impossible without music and perhaps that was the idea that prompted young musician Joel Cohen to celebrate the beginning of summer solstice in an all night music event in Paris in 1976. Cohen’s idea was later adapted in 1982 by the French music and dance director Maurice Fleuret and the first Fete de la Musique was celebrated in Paris.
Ever since then, June 21 is widely celebrated as the World Music Day across the globe where free spirited musicians and singers celebrate the joy of music with people. In various countries, amateur and professional artist perform in public places to celebrate music. The slogan Faites de la musique (Make music) is used to promote this goal.
The official Fête de la Musique organisation in Paris approve sanction to events on two conditions - one that all concerts must be free to the public and two, all performers donate their time for free.
In India, concerts are held across in almost all the cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Shillong amongst many other cities and towns.
Meanwhile, our Indian musicians tweeted in the morning wishing their followers a Happy Music Day.
Sona Mahapatra: TODAY is World Music Day.Isnt EVERYDAY ??!!!!!!
Anushka Manchanda: Driving from Anjuna to Calangute with boyfriend blasting Enter Sandman. Happy Music Day peeps!
Vishal Dadlani: World Music Day? So stop listening to generic manufactured music, and find a new, alternative sound today.
Happy World Music Day everyone! Play it loud!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Winter special: Five non-alcoholic drinks to tackle cold
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan