27 `deadliest age in rock music`
London: Amy Winehouse, Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain all died when they were just 27-years-old.
Even Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers, can be said to have died at the same age if the date of his disappearance can be taken as the time of his presumed suicide.
Twenty-seven, observed the Washington Post, was `rock `n` roll`s most dangerous number.`
Howard Sounes, whose book Amy, 27 looks at the supposed phenomenon, said that the 27 Club is a media construct based on a coincidence.
Rolling Stone magazine observed the trend first in July 1971, when it reported the death of Morrison, lead singer of The Doors, saying that he had died at the same age of 27 , as three rock casualties of the previous two years: Jones, Hendrix and Joplin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- Ajay Devgan has 'intense' role in 'Fitoor'