American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan’s original lyrics up for grabs!
London: A selection of unpublished original draft lyrics by legendary songwriter Bob Dylan is hitting the auction block later this month.
The newly-discovered papers, which are heavily edited and even feature notes in crayon, date from the mid-1960s when Dylan hit a productive peak, are expected to fetch thousands of pounds, reports the Daily Express.
Some of the documents are handwritten and others typed, and they include the lyrics to some of the folk star’s most famous tracks, such as Subterranean Homesick Blues, Queen Jane Approximately and Visions of Johanna.
"The mid-60s, especially 1964-1966, were a true watershed for Dylan," said Chris Coover, Christie’s senior specialist for books.
"In that period his lyrics became deeper and more personal, while his songs moved away from the acoustic, folk-inflected style, and he forged a unique personal style as poet and songwriter,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'