American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan’s original lyrics up for grabs!
London: A selection of unpublished original draft lyrics by legendary songwriter Bob Dylan is hitting the auction block later this month.
The newly-discovered papers, which are heavily edited and even feature notes in crayon, date from the mid-1960s when Dylan hit a productive peak, are expected to fetch thousands of pounds, reports the Daily Express.
Some of the documents are handwritten and others typed, and they include the lyrics to some of the folk star’s most famous tracks, such as Subterranean Homesick Blues, Queen Jane Approximately and Visions of Johanna.
"The mid-60s, especially 1964-1966, were a true watershed for Dylan," said Chris Coover, Christie’s senior specialist for books.
"In that period his lyrics became deeper and more personal, while his songs moved away from the acoustic, folk-inflected style, and he forged a unique personal style as poet and songwriter,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert