Coldplay to open iTunes festival in the US
Los Angeles: Coldplay will play at the opening night of the iTunes festival, taking place in the US for the first time next month.
The event, held in London for the last seven years, will be staged alongside the South by Southwest (SXSW) music showcase in Texas, reported a leading magazine.
Coldplay said it was a `great honour`for the band, adding "we hope everyone has a fantastic time".
Each of five shows at Austin`s Moody Theatre, from March 11-15, will be streamed in full online via iTunes.
An eclectic mix of musical styles have been promised across the five nights, from country legend Willie Nelson to rapper Pitbull.
Apple executive Eddy Cue said they had struggled to find the right venue to stage a US version of the festival.
Cue has also not ruled out the US festival becoming an annual event along the lines of the UK series of gigs.
"We`ll see where it leads us. I can tell you when we did the London one for the first time, we did it for a week in London and look what it`s become," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor
- Zayn Malik's album release coincides with 'One Direction' exit-anniversary
- 'Neerja': Sonam Kapoor in 'Aankhen Milayenge Darr Se' will stir you—Watch video!
- Who lifted a song from Salman Khan's film?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Exotic' gets 80 mn views!
- Ali Zafar to do item song in 'Tere Bin Laden: Dead or Alive'