Justin Bieber`s `Baby` song named highest-certified single in US history
Washington: Justin Bieber`s hit single ` Baby ` has helped him beat Sir Elton John to the title of the highest-certified song in US history.
The singing sensation`s famous track, which has gone platinum 12-times since its release in 2010, has won over the Rocket Man`s `Candle in the Wind/Something About the Way You Look Tonight`, which went 11 times platinum in 1997, Contactmusic reported.
The teen icon`s newest achievement came after the officials at the Recording Industry Association of America made a recent rule change, which incorporated on-demand streaming figures with the single sales.
The new rule enabled the tune, which has only sold 3.9 million copies, but whose promo has been viewed over 857 million times on Vevo.com, to outdo John`s release, which sold 33 million units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!