Katy Perry launches own music label
London: Pop star Katy Perry has launched her own music label.
The 29-year-old singer took to Twitter to announce her label Metamorphosis Music and its first signing, reported E!Online.
"I am so ecstatic to finally announce my new label Metamorphosis Music and my first signing, the incredibly talented and soulful Ferras," she wrote.
The `Roar` hitmaker said that she had joined forces with her own record label, Capitol Records, for the music venture.
"Ferras is a man with a message, and a unique lyrical way of communicating his perspective on life that makes you feel connected to every note when you listen. I believe he is going to be an important artist to watch unfold," she added.
LA-based singer-songwriter Ferras broke into the music scene in 2008 with his debut album Aliens and Rainbows. He signed with Capitol in 2007 and met Perry when both were new artists at the label.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'