Madonna booed by fans after endorsing Obama during New Orleans gig
New York: Madonna got booed at and caused several audience members to walk out of her concert in New Orleans after she urged them to vote for President Obama.
The pop star, whose `MDNA` tour has already been marked by several controversial incidents, performed in New Orleans on Saturday.
During the show, she asked concertgoers: "Who``s registered to vote?" She then added that she didn’t care who they voted for, “as long as you vote for Obama."
The 54-year-old, however, quickly changed her tune when she heard the crowd``s reaction, the New York Daily News reported.
"Seriously, I don``t care who you vote for ... Do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote," she continued.
This is not the first time Madonna has drawn criticism for making a political statement on her MDNA tour.
The pop star confused fans in September when she told them to support the “black Muslim in the White House” at a Washington, DC concert.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!