Madonna booed by fans after endorsing Obama during New Orleans gig
New York: Madonna got booed at and caused several audience members to walk out of her concert in New Orleans after she urged them to vote for President Obama.
The pop star, whose `MDNA` tour has already been marked by several controversial incidents, performed in New Orleans on Saturday.
During the show, she asked concertgoers: "Who``s registered to vote?" She then added that she didn’t care who they voted for, “as long as you vote for Obama."
The 54-year-old, however, quickly changed her tune when she heard the crowd``s reaction, the New York Daily News reported.
"Seriously, I don``t care who you vote for ... Do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote," she continued.
This is not the first time Madonna has drawn criticism for making a political statement on her MDNA tour.
The pop star confused fans in September when she told them to support the “black Muslim in the White House” at a Washington, DC concert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Baaghi movie review: With hits and misses, Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor will keep you hooked throughout
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!
- 'Me and Mrs Jones' singer Billy Paul no more
- Watch: Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, Riteish Deshmukh woo the ladies in 'Pyar Ki' song from 'Housefull3'!