Paul McCartney to replace Cobain for Nirvana gig
New York: Singer Paul McCartney will take the place of late singer Kurt Cobain as the lead vocalist for Nirvana band for a concert.
Nirvana, which consisted of Cobain, singer Dave Grohl and bassist Krist Novoselic initially, will perform together after 20 years, but with McCartney leading the band this time.
McCartney, 70, has been secretly working with Grohl and Novoselic to perform at concert for a charity event here.
"I didn`t really know who they were. They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said `Whoa? You guys haven`t played together for all that time?`," thesun.co.uk quoted McCartney as saying.
"And somebody whispered to me `That`s Nirvana. You`re Kurt.` I couldn`t believe it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Going vegan one of the best decisions I took: Shruti Haasan
- Angelina Jolie may star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Irrfan Khan unveils first look of his banned Bangladeshi film ‘Doob’
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt promote 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' like Dilliwallas!
- Zee Cine Awards 2017: Check out the nominations for the Viewers’ Choice categories
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!