Pitbull receives honorary degree
Los Angeles: American rapper Pitbull has received the honorary degree from Doral College in Miami for his contribution in improving access to education in his community.
The 33-year-old `Give Me Everything` star took to Twitter to share the news, posting a picture of himself holding the diploma and flashing his middle finger, reported Aceshowbiz.
"For those that didn`t believe #dale," he captioned the picture.
"It is our privilege to award this incredible artist, businessman and South Floridian with this prestigious honour," said Anitere Flores, president of Doral College said.
The Miami native shared a story of his childhood, during his speech. "I remember being kicked out of a public school because I didn`t have the right address. That`s why I want better schools for the kids who live where I grew up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!
- I'm even happier: Father-to-be George Clooney
- Karan Johar takes his twins – Yash and Roohi – home
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!