PSY awarded at Tribeca Film Festival
London: Rapper PSY was honoured at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York for his popular track `Gangnam Style`.
The 35-year-old South Korean star was given the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation award at a university prize giving ceremony, reported Contactmusic.
"Who knew, right? Giving me this award in itself is innovation, I think. I still cannot believe what happened right now. I applied to this school in 1996, but I failed... Finally, I entered this building this morning," PSY said after receiving the award.
He has recently released a the follow-up video of `Gangnam Style` titled `Gentleman`.
Other recipients of the awards include fashion designer Norma Kamali, music and film entrepreneur Peter Shapiro and choreographer Twyla Tharp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur to croon Salman Khan's 'Main Hoon Hero Tera'?
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Vishal-Shekhar, UK-based band collaborate for 'Beliya'
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'