PSY awarded at Tribeca Film Festival
London: Rapper PSY was honoured at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York for his popular track `Gangnam Style`.
The 35-year-old South Korean star was given the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation award at a university prize giving ceremony, reported Contactmusic.
"Who knew, right? Giving me this award in itself is innovation, I think. I still cannot believe what happened right now. I applied to this school in 1996, but I failed... Finally, I entered this building this morning," PSY said after receiving the award.
He has recently released a the follow-up video of `Gangnam Style` titled `Gentleman`.
Other recipients of the awards include fashion designer Norma Kamali, music and film entrepreneur Peter Shapiro and choreographer Twyla Tharp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Hug Day' in this unique way!
- How to store and reuse leftover vegetables – Quick tips
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?