Rapper Kanye West angers PETA with new song
Los Angeles: Rapper-turned-fashion designer Kanye West has taunted animal rights organisation People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in a new song ‘Theraflu’.
The song`s lyrics, "Someone tell PETA my mink (coat) is draggin` on the floor," have upset the organisation.
PETA executives had criticised West for stepping out in a fur coat, following which he decided to create the jibe.
Dan Mathews, senior vice president of PETA, has slammed West for the jibe, but admits he still hopes the rapper will eventually renounce fur, reports contactmusic.com.
"`What`s draggin` on the floor` is Kanye`s reputation as a man with no empathy for animals or human beings. He`s a great musician but doesn`t seem to have the fashion sense to design anything more than caveman costumes," said Mathews.
"We keep hoping that one day he`ll find his heart and join evolved style icons - including Russell Simmons, Pink and Natalie Portman - who have dropped animal skins," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims