Recording Academy to honour Jennifer Hudson
Los Angeles: Singer and actress Jennifer Hudson is set to be honoured by the Recording Academy for her philanthropic efforts at the 2013 Grammys on the Hill Awards.
The `Dreamgirls` star will collect the Recording Artists` Coalition Award at a special ceremony in Washington, DC on April 17.
"We are elated to recognise Jennifer Hudson as not only a gifted musician and actress but as an extraordinary humanitarian who has selflessly contributed her time and talent to numerous worthwhile causes," Recording Academy President Neil Portnow said in a statement.
"She is one of the industry`s most enduring, giving and gifted women, and we are privileged to be honouring her artistry, her commitment and her generosity," he added.
Hudson, delighted by the news, tweeted, "Im (sic) so humbled!!"
The event will take place on the eve of the Academy`s Grammys on the Hill Advocacy Day, during which industry professionals will meet with legislators to discuss the need for policies benefiting the industry and its musicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ankit Tiwari moves ahead with music
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Led Zeppelin cleared of plagiarism charges
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch