Recording Academy to honour Jennifer Hudson
Los Angeles: Singer and actress Jennifer Hudson is set to be honoured by the Recording Academy for her philanthropic efforts at the 2013 Grammys on the Hill Awards.
The `Dreamgirls` star will collect the Recording Artists` Coalition Award at a special ceremony in Washington, DC on April 17.
"We are elated to recognise Jennifer Hudson as not only a gifted musician and actress but as an extraordinary humanitarian who has selflessly contributed her time and talent to numerous worthwhile causes," Recording Academy President Neil Portnow said in a statement.
"She is one of the industry`s most enduring, giving and gifted women, and we are privileged to be honouring her artistry, her commitment and her generosity," he added.
Hudson, delighted by the news, tweeted, "Im (sic) so humbled!!"
The event will take place on the eve of the Academy`s Grammys on the Hill Advocacy Day, during which industry professionals will meet with legislators to discuss the need for policies benefiting the industry and its musicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Milind Soman makes India proud, turns 'Ultraman'
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’