Robbie Williams aiming to seal pop legacy with European tour
London: Robbie Williams has announced a 15-date European tour in a bid to cement his legacy in pop music before he hits 40.
Still famous as the in-again/out-again member of chart-topping boyband Take That, Williams said that it is time to get serious as a solo artist and prove his place at the top of the pop pile.
The European stadium tour kicks off in Manchester on June 19, 2013, a leading daily has reported.
Williams conceded it may be too early to talk about his legacy at 38, but added he wanted to “seal my place in pop history.”
“I think it’s legacy time for me, because I’m venturing into getting my handicap down at golf and all that business,” he said.
“I’m nearly 40, that’s what I’m trying to say. I don’t know how many times around I’ll get given this opportunity and I want to go - and the albums called ‘Take the Crown’ and I want to go and seal my place in pop history,” he added.
The 38-year-old in fact enjoyed major success after leaving Take That in 1995, producing a string of hit albums and singles including ‘Angels’ and ‘Millennium’ and signing a contract with EMI in 2002 reportedly worth tens of millions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!