Robbie Williams aiming to seal pop legacy with European tour
London: Robbie Williams has announced a 15-date European tour in a bid to cement his legacy in pop music before he hits 40.
Still famous as the in-again/out-again member of chart-topping boyband Take That, Williams said that it is time to get serious as a solo artist and prove his place at the top of the pop pile.
The European stadium tour kicks off in Manchester on June 19, 2013, a leading daily has reported.
Williams conceded it may be too early to talk about his legacy at 38, but added he wanted to “seal my place in pop history.”
“I think it’s legacy time for me, because I’m venturing into getting my handicap down at golf and all that business,” he said.
“I’m nearly 40, that’s what I’m trying to say. I don’t know how many times around I’ll get given this opportunity and I want to go - and the albums called ‘Take the Crown’ and I want to go and seal my place in pop history,” he added.
The 38-year-old in fact enjoyed major success after leaving Take That in 1995, producing a string of hit albums and singles including ‘Angels’ and ‘Millennium’ and signing a contract with EMI in 2002 reportedly worth tens of millions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Bored of saris, anarkalis on special occasions? Innovate
- Twitteratti want Captain America to turn 'gay'
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance